This Applied Computational Science and Engineering MSc programme offered at Imperial College London will expand your knowledge of numerical methods, computational science, and how to solve large scale problems by applying novel science and engineering approaches. It is suitable for graduates of disciplines including maths and physical sciences, geophysics and engineering, and computer science.
This immersive, hands-on MSc course will enable students to develop their skills and techniques for a range of science and engineering applications utilising High Performance Computing resources. Students will learn alongside world-class researchers in the Department of Earth Science and Engineering.
- Graduates of this course will fill the market demand for those with applied, hands-on computational experience who can solve real world problems.
- Through the combination of programming, foundational domain knowledge and advanced numerical literacy that this course provides, graduates will be highly sought after to work as expert analysts in industry, for example oil and gas, mineral exploration and climate science.
- Graduates will be in an ideal position to pursue academic careers in fields such as computational techniques, optimisation and inversion, fluid mechanics, and machine learning applications.
- Advanced Programming
- Inversion and Optimisation
- Machine Learning
- Computational Mathematics
- Modern Programming Methods
- Modelling and Numerical Methods
- Patterns for Parallel Programming
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
Most postgraduate courses remain open until they are full, so make sure you apply in good time. UK and non-visa nationals have the same deadline.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 207 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Kingdom
- The minimum requirement is a 2.1 degree in engineering or a science-based discipline.
- A wide variety of international qualifications are accepted.
- All candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency for admission to the College.
- Online application.
- Application fee.
International36500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National19450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19450 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.