What will you do?
- Develop advanced research skills as you learn from award-winning academics in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Take your mathematical knowledge to an advanced level through a major of your choice.
Majors are available in:
- Applied Mathematics—use mathematical techniques to answer questions about the world around us. These answers might come in the form of insights, explanations, solutions or predictions.
- Pure Mathematics—study abstract theories built by logical deduction that underpin modern science and technology.
- Statistics—solve real-world problems through the collection, analysis and modelling of data.
Where could it take you?
Our maths graduates go on to all sorts of fascinating careers in technology-led industries. You could help build business start-ups as a data scientist or enter the growing field of gaming design and performance analysis. You might be an actuary, applying probability and statistics to insurance and banking. Perhaps you’ll take your research to the next level in academia.
Graduates of the Mathematical Sciences from University of Adelaide have the flexibility and portability to work across a wide variety of industries in analytical and consulting positions. Mathematicians also make great managers and CEOs due to their excellent problem-solving skills.
- Optimisation and Operations Research
- Real Analysis
- Multivariable and Complex Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Probability & Statistics
- Numerical Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 75 other Masters in Mathematics in Australia
CRICOS code: 092240M
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0. Degree must include at least 6 units of mathematical sciences at Level I and at least 6 units of mathematical sciences at Level II or equivalent.
International45500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45500 AUD per year during 24 months.
National34000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Australian Full-fee place: $34,000
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.