What will you do?
- learn from leading teachers and biostatisticians Australia-wide
- study statistical theory and methods
- apply your learning to problems in professional practice
- build career skills through workplace research placements.
Where could it take you?
You’ll emerge fully qualified for registration. You could work for a pharmaceutical or biotech company. You’ll be in high demand in medical and epidemiological research, and government departments and agencies. Perhaps you’ll help design and execute world-changing clinical trials while sharing your knowledge as a university teacher.
The Master of Biostatistics from University of Adelaide will allow you to develop a specialist career role in health-related research or health services. Biostatistical expertise is in very high demand in many areas. Possible job settings include:
- Medical and epidemiological research
- The pharmaceutical industry
- Government departments and agencies
The Masters degree also provides a great grounding for PhD and other higher degree research programs.
- Mathematical Background for Biostatistics
- Data Management & Statistical Computing
- Probability and Distribution Theory
- Principles of Statistical Inference
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBioinformatics & Biostatistics View 42 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Adelaide and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS: Available to non-student visa holder ONLY.
- display a proven aptitude for advanced mathematical work, indicated for example by a high level of achievement in high school or undergraduate mathematics, or by means of an administrated mathematics exam;
- have successfully completed introductory course in statistics for which they were formally enrolled and assessed, covering at least the estimation of means and proportions with confidence intervals, and the comparison of means and proportions between two groups using hypothesis tests (i.e. t-tests and chi-squared tests for 2x2 tables).
Successful completion of an Australian year 12 qualification with a minimum pass in an accepted English language subject
International39500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39500 AUD per year during 18 months.
National29500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 AUD per year during 18 months.
Australian Full-fee place: $29,500
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.