- The faculty members of the department are engaged in the research in the area of biochemical carcinogenesis and biochemical toxicology, urolithiasis and membrane transport and enzymes. The department can help the Biochemical, Nutritional and Pharmaceutical industries in providing the requisite expertise in the areas of analyses, absorpion and studies of biological effects of various biochemicals useful to the humans. The Biochemistry programme is offered at the Panjab University.
- The discipline of Biochemistry today occupies a pivotal position in Teaching and Research of all Biological and Bio-Medical Sciences. The fields of Agriculture, Pharmaceutical and Environmental Sciences are incomplete without a sound knowledge of Biochemistry. Recent advances in Bio-technology and its Industrial applications have been possible only due to a thorough understanding of the underlying principles of Biochemistry.
- This department produces students with sound background of theoretical and experimental Biochemistry. The students completing their B.Sc. (Hons. School) easily find placements at Postgraduate level in Indian and Foreign Universities of repute. After passing their M.Sc. degree from this department they are absorbed in Government and private sector enterprises dealing with any of the aforementioned areas. In view of the advances made by Biochemistry in clinical diagnostics, it has also a very good scope of self-employment.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- (a)B.Sc. (Hons.) Biochemistry or its equivalent exam.
- (b)B.Sc.(Hons.)in any subject under CBCS with 24 Credits in Biochemistry as Generic Elective subject
- (c) 50% marks in B.Sc. (Pass or Hons.) exam. of the P.U. or any other exam. recognized by P.U. as equivalent to Biochemistry as one of the elective subjects (studied for 03 years) + P.U. - CET (P.G.)
- (d) Students of B.Sc. (MLT) departments are not eligible.
International169 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 169 USD per year during 24 months.
National169 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 169 USD per year during 24 months.
- Rs. 12535
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.