With this master of Production Animal Science at University of Queensland you'll develop research, multi-disciplinary and leadership skills which enable you to integrate and apply knowledge to manage animal production facilities and businesses.
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Animal nutritionist
- Animal research scientist
- Livestock adviser or consultant
- Biosecurity officer
- Reproduction & Breeding Technology
- Advanced Pasture Management
- Animal Nutrition and Nutrigenomics
- Graduate Research Project III
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Animal Sciences View 14 other Masters in Animal Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Queensland and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS code: 079383E
- a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline, or
- a graduate certificate (or equivalent) in animal science, or
- to have successfully completed at least 3 years of study towards an approved qualification at an overseas partner institution, with a formal pathway to the Master of Animal Science.
You must have a grade point average (GPA) of 4.5 on a 7-point scale in your previous qualification.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.