You’ll be trained in research methods that are specific to history and the humanities, to develop narrative communication skills, and to critically analyse scientific knowledge production. You’ll also examine the big debates in the development and curation of science. The Science, History and Society course is offered at University of Leeds .
You’ll also have access to our excellent libraries and archives. In the Brotherton Library, our Special Collections include Newton’s Principia, a first edition of his Opticks plus rare books and journals from the 16th century onwards on topics such as astronomy, botany, medicine, physiology, chemistry, inventions and alchemy. You’ll also be able to explore the objects in our Museum of the History of Science, Technology and Medicine.
The School of Philosophy, Religion and History of Science has an excellent record of former students going on to a wide variety of careers and further study.
You’ll graduate from this course well-prepared for further study at PhD level, but also for a range of non-academic careers, for example at scientific foundations and institutions, in science communication and media, science policy, campaign groups and think tanks, public engagement via museums and heritage organisations, archival work, science PR and consultancy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Making Histories of Science, Technology and Medicine
- Big Issues in History of Science, Technology and Medicine
- History and Philosophy of Science: Dissertation
- History and Philosophy of Science: Extended Dissertation
- Medicine and Warfare in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Sociology Modern History View 172 other Masters in Modern History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (Hons) in history or a related subject such as a science or social science, or a degree that includes modules in history of science, technology or medicine.
- Our admissions team are experienced in considering a wide range of international qualifications. If you wish to discuss whether your qualifications will meet the necessary entry criteria, contact the School’s admissions team.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Living costs for Leeds
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.