The aim of the Immunology (without Thesis) program at Koc University is to investigate the effect of immunological processes on the formation of diseases, especially cancer, and to develop a translational researcher perspective that addresses critical questions about treatment, and to conduct high-impact studies in this field.
The program offers courses that will allow you to develop a broad multidisciplinary approach to basic immunology knowledge such as advanced clinical immunology, transplantation, neuro-immunology, allergy, autoimmunity, tolerance, tumor immunology, infection and immunity.
- The MSc in Immunology at Koç University is the first and only program of its kind in Turkey and offers the same level of research facilities and career opportunities that can be expected from highly reputable programs in European or North American universities.
- MSc Immunology Non-Thesis students have access through the final project supervisors to Koç University’s Translational Medicine Research Center (KUTTAM) and several of the university’s 300+ research laboratories in a structure that aims to improve human health by bringing together life sciences, social sciences, engineering and medicine. This helps you as a student to:
- Become comfortable working in a multidisciplinary working culture, as Immunology is an interdisciplinary science.
- Adapt to contemporary technological developments
- Provide important contributions to the development of new solutions for the problems of human health in the medium and long term in Turkey or your own country through the all kinds of new treatment options, diagnostic kits, medical device development, medicines and drugs for the diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and control of diseases, their mitigation and prevention.
- Courses are taught by highly qualified faculty members in Immunology but also from other fields of medicine such as molecular genetics, microbiology, histology, biochemistry, pharmacology, biomedical engineering, pediatrics, dermatology, chest diseases, neurology, ophthalmology, gynecology, internal and surgery giving you an integrated Education.
- Immune System in Health & Disease
- Advanced Clinical Immunology
- Infection & Immunity
- Allergy & Hypersensitivity Reactions
- Tolerance & Autoimmunity
- Transplantation Immunology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Students with a BS/MS degree in Basic Sciences (biology, chemistry, molecular biology and genetics, physics, mathematics, psychology, etc) or Health Sciences (dentistry, veterinary medicine, medical biology, physical therapy and rehabilitation, nutrition and dietetics, nursing etc) or MD degree are eligible to apply.
- Resume / CV
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 Recommendation Letters for MSc applicants
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- TOEFL IBT test score: 80 point for PhD and MSc applicants
- YDS/YÖKDİL test score (for Turkish applicants): 80 point for PhD and MSc applicants
- GRE test score: 149 point in quantitative for MSc applicants
- ALES test score (for Turkish applicants): 55 point in quantitative for MSc applicants
International9800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9800 USD per year during 12 months.
National7625 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7625 USD per year during 12 months.
- Turkish students: 67500 Turkish Lira
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.