What should I expect from the Cyber Security - Online degree at University of Adelaide?
- six week teaching periods with at least a two-week break in between
- between 20 to 25 hours of coursework per week
- weekly interactive webinar debates and discussions to ask questions and deepen your knowledge
- technical activities using real-world tools
- weekly quiz on key concepts, terminology and readings
- discussion forums with interesting case studies and tips from your peers
- course readings and guided research
- three assessments over the six weeks.
What will my assignments be?
All assessments and coursework are 100% online. Assessments will including knowledge quizzes, peer-reviewed discussions, ePortfolios, short essays, short videos, reports and reflective tasks.
High-impact career move
Our program covers all the technical and managerial skills you’ll need to forge your own career path as a senior cyber security specialist.
Hands-on technical training
Hone your cyber defence skills through experiencing real-world scenarios and the best software and network defence strategies
Protect any environment
Keep your options open and graduate with the ability to work in either the public or private sector.
Drive future innovation
Contribute towards an area at the cutting-edge of cyber security through an industry-based research project.
Industry based curriculum
Our program coordinators enrich their teaching and curriculum with their experience of today’s complex environment.
Studying with a Group of Eight university ranked in the top 1% worldwide*** guarantees an exceptional quality of learning and industry recognition.
- Business data and cyber security
- Political institutions and policy-making
- Cyber security fundamentals
- Information risks, threats and controls
- Secure programming
- Human and ethical factors in computer science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data IT Security Cyber Security View 24 other Masters in Cyber Security in Australia
- Bachelor of Computer Science (or an equivalent Information Technology degree) and a GPA of 4.5 OR
- relevant work experience of at least 3 years in Computer Science or Cyber Security roles OR
- diploma or above in networking and IT plus 2 years relevant work experience.
- To excel in the applied nature of our cyber security postgraduate programs, all our students require some experience with a programming language. If you don’t have this experience, we offer the course Foundations of Computer Science – Python A (COMP SCI 7210OL) in place of Political Institutions and Policy-Making (POLIS 7024OL). Our friendly admissions team will guide you through the enrolment process once your application has been accepted.
International20988 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41976 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
National20988 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41976 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.