University of Adelaide's Master of Cyber Security will equip you to lead cutting-edge cyber security programs —for governments, law enforcement agencies, companies and NGOs alike.
The industry-driven content is delivered over 18-24 months full-time. There’s a flexible blend of online and intensive on-campus learning, with mentoring from world-class cyber security researchers.
You will gain:
- a deep, interdisciplinary understanding of complex cyber security needs and considerations across multiple industries
- highly advanced technical skills and the ability to apply them in real-world contexts
- a sophisticated grasp of cyber security policy and governance considerations—social, legal and commercial
- the ability to critically analyse and evaluate relevant data and technology
- the refined interpersonal skills to effectively communicate issues and strategies to a range of stakeholders.
You’ll also take specialist courses in your chosen major—Cyber Security Management or Secure Software Development. And you’ll apply and expand your learning through a major research project, or industry-based practise.
Where could it take you?
To the discipline’s highest levels. You could develop strategies to secure health providers’ patient data. Or protect social media users’ personal details. Perhaps you’ll prevent cyber theft for global financial institutions. Or ensure undercover police officers’ identities aren’t compromised. Wherever your interests lie, your expertise will be in demand.
Graduates are well equipped to lead cyber security initiatives across industry as diverse as finance and banking, government, education, healthcare and online retail.
The University of Adelaide Careers Service prepares, inspires and empowers students to achieve successful career transitions and connect with industry.
Computer Forensics Specialist, Cyber Intelligence Expert, Encryption Specialist, Computational Scientist, Computer Programmer, Computer Scientist, Cyber Defender, Diagnostic Technician, Digital Strategist, IT Manager, IT Programmer, Information Analyst, Information Officer, Internet - Web Programmer
- Business Data & Cyber Security (M)
- Information Risks, Threats & Controls (M)
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals
- Political Institutions and Policy-Making
- Computer Systems
- Foundations of Computer Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Cyber Security View 53 other Masters in Cyber Security in Australia
- CRICOS code: 099704E
- Successful completion of an Australian year 12 qualification with a minimum pass in an accepted English language subject or
- IELTS/TOEFL/Pearson/C1 advanced
- 36 unit extension pathway: Bachelor of Computer Science (or an equivalent Information Technology degree with similar levels of programming to a Computer Science degree) and a GPA of 4.5.
- Relevant work experience, including programming experience, of at least 3 years in Computer Science or Cyber Security roles.
- Diploma or above in Networking and IT plus 2 years relevant work experience, including programming experience.
- 48 unit conversion pathway: Bachelor degree or equivalent and a GPA of 4.5.
- Relevant work experience of at least 3 years in Computer Science or Cyber Security roles.
- Diploma or above in Networking and IT plus 2 years relevant work experience.
International46000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National35500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35500 AUD per year during 24 months.
Australian Full-fee place: $35,500
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.