- The Economics programme is offered at the Panjab University.
- With such a competent faculty, the department, as always, continues to be a leading center for training in Economics in the entire North-West region. This fact has been amply borne out by the success rate of its alumni in various competitive examinations and academic institutes both within the country and abroad. Thanks to the leadership and contributions of the old stalwarts, the department had a glorious past, and now given the professional caliber and moral commitment of the present faculty as well as the support staff (non-teaching), has a bright future as well.
Departmet is UGC SAP DRS-II recipient and the research activity in the department can be broadly classified into five following areas:
- Economic Development and Structural Change
- Public Policy and Governance
- Money, Trade and Finance
- Agricultural Economics
- Industrial Economics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 50% marks in MA (Economics)
- Wherever for admission, Bachelor’s Degree is the minimum requirement, it shall mean the first degree obtained under 10+2+3 scheme. The first degree obtained under the old scheme (14-year course) till April, 1995 will be treated at par with the first degree under 10+2+3 scheme for the purpose of admission to these courses.
- Every candidate must apply for the Reserved / Additional Category(ies) to which he/she belongs to in the Admission Form. All candidates will be considered in the General Category irrespective of the fact that they have claimed for admission under Reserved/ Additional Categories. No candidate shall be considered for admission against any Reserved Category (ies) for which he/she has not applied. (As per Important dates at Page No. 21-22).
- All information relating to admission shall be uploaded on the Online Notice Board of the concerned department as well as on the Physical Notice Board.
International130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 130 USD per year during 12 months.
National130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 130 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.