- The department also offer M.Phil. course in Defence & Strategic Studies to the defence service officers posted at HQ Army Training command (ARTRAC), Shimla including its 29 training establishments .5 seats are also kept for armed forces outside ARTRAC. 5 seats are kept open for admission through entrance test conducted by the university.
- The Defence and National Security Studies programme is offered at the Panjab University
- The department is in league with all the major think- tanks on security matter including IDSA.
- The department runs One-year Postgraduate Diploma Course and Three-months Executive Certificate Course in Disaster Management & Security incl., One year Postgraduate Diploma Course in Homeland Security which is only of its kind in the country served by this department.
- The department is also offering M.Phil Programme to defence service officers undergoing Higher Command Course at Army War College, Mhow.
- The department holds special lectures including Seminars & Conferences to provide additional exposure to the students. The department also has a Defence Studies Society, which organizes various activities including educational trips/tours to defence establishments in the country.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science Terrorism & Security View 20 other Masters in Political Science in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Wherever for admission, Bachelor’s Degree is the minimum requirement, it shall mean the first degree obtained under 10+2+3 scheme. The first degree obtained under the old scheme (14-year course) till April, 1995 will be treated at par with the first degree under 10+2+3 scheme for the purpose of admission to these courses.
- Every candidate must apply for the Reserved / Additional Category(ies) to which he/she belongs to in the Admission Form. All candidates will be considered in the General Category irrespective of the fact that they have claimed for admission under Reserved/ Additional Categories. No candidate shall be considered for admission against any Reserved Category (ies) for which he/she has not applied. (As per Important dates at Page No. 21-22).
- All information relating to admission shall be uploaded on the Online Notice Board of the concerned department as well as on the Physical Notice Board.
International89 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 89 USD per year during 24 months.
National89 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 89 USD per year during 24 months.
- Rs. 6587
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.