- The department also offer M.Phil. course in Defence & Strategic Studies to the defence service officers posted at HQ Army Training command (ARTRAC), Shimla including its 29 training establishments .5 seats are also kept for armed forces outside ARTRAC. 5 seats are kept open for admission through entrance test conducted by the university.
- The Defence Studies programme is offered at the Panjab University
- The department is in league with all the major think- tanks on security matter including IDSA.
- The department runs One-year Postgraduate Diploma Course and Three-months Executive Certificate Course in Disaster Management & Security incl., One year Postgraduate Diploma Course in Homeland Security which is only of its kind in the country served by this department.
- The department is also offering M.Phil Programme to defence service officers undergoing Higher Command Course at Army War College, Mhow.
- The department holds special lectures including Seminars & Conferences to provide additional exposure to the students. The department also has a Defence Studies Society, which organizes various activities including educational trips/tours to defence establishments in the country.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science Terrorism & Security View 3 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Defence Officers from Army Training Command, Shimla and Western Command, Chandi Mandir holding the rank of Major and above. 55% marks. The candidates will have to appear in the Entrance Test.Eligibility for Enrolment1. An officer must fulfill the following conditions to be able to enroll for M.Phil. in Defence Studies.(a) Should be of the rank of Major or above so as to have the requisite experience in defencemanagement.(b) Should have postgraduate degree in any discipline.(c) Should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks at postgraduate level.(d) Should be carrying out research related duties or involved in imparting instructions in militaryrelated subjects or Defence Studies to student officers. Research related assignment mayinclude :-(i) Officers formalizing concepts and doctrines(ii) Officers involved in studies related to strategic issues(iii) Officers posted to various faculties of studies dealing with for
International212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 212 USD per year during 48 months.
National212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 212 USD per year during 48 months.
- Rs. 15667
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.