The Human Rights and Duties programme is offered at the Panjab University.
- At the conclusion of this course the students can get into employment in NGOs, National and International Human Rights Agencies, Corporate Sector, Media and Government and Semi-Government Organizations.
Objectives of the Course
- To sensitize the society about the human rights issues;
- To develop knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required for developing an activist's approach to human rights;
- To integrate theory and practice in the field of human rights, human welfare and development;
- To advance an interdisciplinary perspective aimed towards providing an improved comprehension of human rights issues, violations and interventionist strategies; and
- To prepare human rights activists;
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Public Law View 5 other Masters in Civil & Private Law in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Wherever for admission, Bachelor’s Degree is the minimum requirement, it shall mean the first degree obtained under 10+2+3 scheme. The first degree obtained under the old scheme (14-year course) till April, 1995 will be treated at par with the first degree under 10+2+3 scheme for the purpose of admission to these courses.
- Every candidate must apply for the Reserved / Additional Category(ies) to which he/she belongs to in the Admission Form. All candidates will be considered in the General Category irrespective of the fact that they have claimed for admission under Reserved/ Additional Categories. No candidate shall be considered for admission against any Reserved Category (ies) for which he/she has not applied.
- All information relating to admission shall be uploaded on the Online Notice Board of the concerned department as well as on the Physical Notice Board.
International141 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 141 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National141 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 141 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
10400 Indian rupees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.