The University of Missouri has played a prominent role in the teaching of the visual arts in North America since Walter Miller and John Pickard first began lecturing on campus in the 1890s.
- Through a combination of coursework; outreach, research, and teaching opportunities; and interdisciplinary collaboration with scholars in other fields and professional programs, the Visual Studies MA from University of Missouri - Columbia prepares students for careers in a variety of educational institutions, cultural organizations, and the creative economy generally.
- The University of Missouri’s Graduate School aims to instill in students an understanding of and an appreciation for academic ethics, professional standards of conduct, and personal integrity.
- Students complete graduate education at Mizzou prepared to enter the workforce and uphold these values in higher education and beyond.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 463 other Masters in Art History in United States
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation concerning academic qualifications to undertake graduate work
- A short statement of the applicant’s scholarly interests, professional goals, and reasons for applying to do graduate work in Visual Studies.
- A copy of a recent research paper as a sample of your scholarship and writing
- Curriculum vitae
International24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
National24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12213 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.