About the program
It is now an opportune time for the master of Philosophy in Accounting Sciences (Financial Governance) at University of South Africa (UNISA), through its teaching and learning, research and community engagement practices, to improve its standing, position and credibility in accounting sciences nationally and on the continent.
The College is clear on its responsibility and role in supporting sustainable economic growth and development in the country. Its distinctive focus is on advancing accounting education and delivering sought-after graduates who can enter the various accounting professions, thus helping to address the nation’s systemic skills shortage.
The College also plays a particularly important role in advancing transformation through its strong contribution of Black African accounting professionals, thereby contributing to change the face of business leadership in South Africa.
At present the College enrols, on average, 40% of all accounting students in South Africa and contributes at least 20% of the accounting graduates. More than half of all Black African chartered accountants in South Africa are Unisa graduates.
- Principles of Management Accounting
- Business Management IB
- Principles of Taxation
- Economics IB
- Practical Accounting Data Processing
- Auditing Theory and Practice
- Financial Accounting for Companies
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Financial Mathematics View 5 other Masters in Finance in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An appropriate bachelor honours degree, or an appropriate postgraduate diploma, or an appropriate 480 credit bachelor's degree with a minimum of 96 credits at NQF level 8, all in the field of Accounting Sciences, is required.
- Candidates who are admitted on the strength of a postgraduate diploma or a 480 credit bachelor's degree with a minimum of 96 credits at NQF level 8 and who have not completed a module in research methodology, may be required to complete such a module for NDP before they will be allowed to register for the research proposal module.
- In addition to the above requirements, applicants must submit a transcript of their academic record, as well as a document describing their intended research and preferred focus area.
- Applicants will be accepted on the following criteria: The suitability and viability of the intended research as well as adequate supervisory capacity and research expertise in the discipline or department.
International113 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 113 USD per module during 36 months.
National113 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 113 USD per module during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.