Upon successful completion of the 39-hour Library and Information Science program at University of Missouri - Columbia, students receive a Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS).
- The School of Information Science & Learning Technologies is home to MU’s graduate programs in Library and Information Science and Educational Technology as well as an interdisciplinary doctoral program in Information Science & Learning Technologies.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Information Technology
- Emerging Technologies in Libraries
- Library and Information Science
- Cataloging and Classification
- Organization of Information
- Collection and Access Management
- Reference Sources and Services
- Management of Information Agencies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science Informatics & Information Technology View 741 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
- Undergraduate GPA (Grade Point Average): Minimum 3.0 in last 60 hours of degree
- GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) for any course work beyond the undergraduate level.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): Minimum 590 (paper-based) or 100 (Internet-based)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Service): Minimum 7.5
International23140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23140 USD per year during 12 months.
National23140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23140 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12809 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12809 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.