What will you do?
Suitable for chemical engineering and biological science graduates, as well as engineers with relevant work experience.
The first year is a blend of face-to-face and online course work. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of biopharmaceutical manufacturing’s technical, management and process engineering aspects.
In year two, you will undertake a significant research project with supervision and mentorship from one of our world-class research-active academics and/or a recognised industry expert. You will emerge with:
- comprehensive awareness of global biopharmaceutical market demands and regulatory requirements
- advanced knowledge and capability in state-of-the-art biopharmaceutical engineering, manufacturing and processing practice, including advanced processing technologies
- the ability to critically reflect on appropriate use of biopharmaceutical principles and techniques, and advise others accordingly
- deep understanding of the industry’s social and environmental impacts
- high-level problem-solving and communication skills.
Where could it take you?
By taking the Biopharmaceutical Engineering program from University of Adelaide, you will graduate ready to play a leading role in cutting-edge biopharmaceutical engineering anywhere in the world. You could help design and/or deliver next-level manufacturing and processing of therapies based on monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, nucleic acids or immune cells. Your work could reduce the toll of infectious diseases, cancer, cardiovascular disease or diabetes. You may even choose to follow the masters course with research towards a PhD.
Pharmaceutical Engineering, Engineer, Biomedical Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Organic Chemical Engineer
- Quality by Design and Process Analytical Technology
- Downstream Bioprocessing
- Good Manufacturing Practice, Validation and Regulation
- Upstream Bioprocessing and Bioformulation
- Batch and Continuous Biomanufacturing
- Advanced Technologies in Biopharmaceutical Processing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Pharmacy View 23 other Masters in Pharmacy in Australia
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Adelaide and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS code: 0101345
- Successful completion of an Australian year 12 qualification with a minimum pass in an accepted English language subject
- Bachelor's degree with Science, Engineering, Technology or related backgrounds with a minimum GPA of 4.5
International46000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National39000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Australian Full-fee place: $39,000
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.