A cross-disciplinary degree blending theory with advanced practical skill development and research, it’s suitable for Immersive Media bachelor graduates wishing to advance their skills, or graduates in other fields seeking to change direction.
What will you do?
The Immersive Media Technologies from University of Adelaide is completed over 18 months to two years full-time, depending on your previous qualifications. It emphasises both the creative and technical elements required for success in the immersive media industry—including the entrepreneurial foundations of leadership.
Working across South Australia’s highest ranked Arts faculty* and drawing on expertise from our world-top-100 Computer Science school^, you will gain:
- comprehensive understanding of the global immersive media industry and its future markets and applications
- in-depth knowledge of immersive design theory and game-engine capabilities
- advanced technical skills in developing core digital assets in areas such as 3D modelling, sound engineering and programming
- a firm grasp of the physiological and ergonomic implications of immersive technology design and human-computer interfacing
- deep insight into the industry’s associated ethical considerations.
You will also undertake a substantial research project, providing the opportunity to not only extend your knowledge even further in a field of interest, but develop highly transferable critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills.
3D Animator, Animator, Gaming Programmer, VR Developer, XR Developer/Lead Developer, XR Digital Asset Manager, XR Human-Computer Interaction Designer, XR Narrative Specialist, XR Project Manager, XR Research Engineer, XR User Experience Specialist
- Immersive Media Design
- Immersive Media Asset Generation
- Immersive Media Business
- Immersive Media Development
- Media Masters Research Methods
- Research Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesGraphic Design Video Games & Animation Human Computer Interaction View 5 other Masters in Video Games & Animation in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Adelaide and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS code: 0101745
Successful completion of an Australian year 12 qualification with a minimum pass in an accepted English language subject48 unit Conversion Pathway:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent); or
- Graduate Diploma in Immersive Media Technologies;
- Graduate Certificate in Immersive Media Technologies
- Bachelor degree in Media, Communication, Audio Visual, Journalism or other relevant cognate discipline
International38500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38500 AUD per year during 24 months.
National30000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Australian Full-fee place: $30,000
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.