The goal of the Automation and Control Engineering programme at the Politecnico Di Milano is to provide the graduate with a strong background in fundamental scientific disciplines, such as mathematics and physics, in classical engineering fields, such as thermodynamics, mechanics, electric drives, automatic control, and in the disciplines of the information and telecommunication technology, like computer science, electronics, communication networks.
Thanks to the interdisciplinary nature of her/his background, the graduate has all the necessary skills to design or manage systems resulting from the integration of highly diverse components and technologies.
This flexibility both in the attitude and in the competences is a significant asset of the Automation and Control Engineer, in view of the large variety of possible applications, of the continuous and rapid evolution of the technologies, as well as of the dynamics of the job market.
Automation and Control Engineering offers challenging and fulfilling careers for engineering technologists in design, research and development, and technical support, in many fields where automation and control are of paramount importance, such as:
- industry producing manufacturing systems, automatic machines, robotic systems, mechatronic systems;
- process industry (pulp and paper, energy production and conversion, chemical and petrochemical industry, etc.);
- transportation systems (ground, marine and aerospace), concerning both the development of vehicles (cars, boats, helicopters, aircrafts, satellites), and the design, management and control of infrastructures;
- transportation and distribution networks;
- food industry;
- electrical appliances and home automation;
- environmental resources.
Typical companies where the automation and control engineers may operate include those producing and selling automation systems (both hardware and software); companies that use automated production plants or that manage highly complex services; engineering and consulting firms that design and project complex, economically challenging and technologically advanced plants and systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced and multivariable control
- Automation and control laboratory
- Computer aided manufacturing
- Dynamics of electrical machines and drives
- Dynamics of mechanical systems
- Model identification and data analysis
- Software engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
International students: Deadline for February intake is 01 July
DisciplinesAutomotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 8 other Masters in Automotive Engineering in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor Degree in a related area, with a solid background in the fundamentals of Engineering, i.e. Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics.
- Adequate skills in the core disciplines i.e. Automatic Control, Applied Mechanics, Electrical Machines and Drives.
- If the university qualification is not yet available at the moment of the application, an official provisional certificate can be provided.
- An official translation into Italian or English of the degree or of the provisional certificate is required in case the original document is in a language other than Italian, English, French or Spanish.
International3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for year.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.