The Financial Analytics programme Swansea University is designed for those wanting to accelerate into a dynamic career in the finance and investments industry, in roles such as Data Specialist, Consultant or Portfolio Manager, as well for as those wanting to undertake further research in finance through a PhD. Though applicants should have an undergraduate degree or equivalent in a quantitative field, no computer science or programming is required.
You will explore key topics, including big data in finance, programming for financial applications, econometrics, financial risk forecasting and advanced data analytics. You will also develop the skills to utilise big data and data analytics, programming languages (e.g. Python, R), and visualisation tools so you can apply appropriate financial analytics models and effectively inform investment decisions.
Why this programme?
- An enhanced specialist programme that may be completed in a single year
- No prior knowledge of programming or computer science is required
- Research led teaching, with modules taught by our world-class faculty who have industrial and academic knowledge
- Designed for graduates with a quantitative skills background or working professionals looking to upskill in their field
- You will develop programming skills in tools such as R and Python
- Links to renowned Hawkes Centre for Empirical Finance research centre
- Swansea is joint 1st in Wales for international ranked research (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Swansea is 1st in Wales for world-leading impact - 60% at 4-star level (REF 2014)
- Based in the £22 million School of Management building on the Bay campus
- International Financial Markets and Institutions
- Financial Technology Environment
- Big Data in Finance
- Financial Risk Forecasting
- Advanced Data Analytics
- Research Skills
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 417 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
- Students must attain a 2:2 (or overseas equivalent) in an undergraduate degree that has included a range of modules in accounting/finance or quantitative/statistical methods. This need not necessarily be a degree with accounting or finance in the title. We would also be willing to consider those with other backgrounds and work experience in the sector.
- We consider all applications on their merits and will look at each individual case before making an offer so students who fall slightly short of the entry criteria should still apply to the School of Management.
International19050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19050 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National11250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.