This Biomedical Science (Clinical Microbiology) course from Swansea University will explore the theoretical and practical aspects of Clinical Microbiology within the context of diagnostic and investigative discipline of Biomedical Science using a blended and integrated learning approach that utilises a mix of on-campus teaching and online learning approaches.
This innovative approach would further support the development of your learning experience alongside the delivery of key practical laboratory skills and your professional practice development.
Why this programme?
- 1st in the UK for Research Environment 2nd in the UK for Research Quality – Research Framework (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- No1 Medical School in UK (Complete University Guide 2022)
- Postgraduate students have access to facilities in the £100 million Institute of Life Science (ILS) building
- ILS has clinical research of social importance as a focus, through links with NHS and industrial partners
- Teaching delivered in partnership with NHS Biomedical Scientists.
- High-quality support for MSc student research projects
- Research & Innovation in Biomedical Science
- Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- Professional Practice Development
- Clinical Microbiology for Biomedical Scientists
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Biochemistry View 488 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:2 BSc (Hons) degree in a related subject, such as:
- Medical Science / Health Science
- Chemistry / Biochemistry
- Genetics / Medical Genetics
- Human Biology / Physiology
- Clinical Science
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.