This International Law and Global Governance programme at University of Leeds will enhance your understanding and challenge preconceptions of the complex legal and political nature of international law-making and governance. It will explore the often competing concepts that infuse the subject of international law.
- Students who have graduated from this degree often choose careers that centre on or involve understanding and applying international law and developing policies at organisational level. Further training is required but many also go on to practise as lawyers or legal advisors.
- Recent graduates have gone on to work in a range of sectors and professions including law firms, the government, higher education institutions and beyond. Many also pursue further study by commencing PhD research.
- Our other alumni are working at the European Commission, United Nations, non-governmental organisations and in the government sector.
The programme will give you the opportunity to:
explore the legal nature of international law on a global, regional and local level
examine the impact of international law on contemporary problems
consider how international law has failed to address certain issues and may be harnessed to tackle future problems
investigate principles relating to sovereignty, universality, jurisdiction, territory, self-determination and human rights
hone your legal research and writing skills, which you’ll demonstrate in your dissertation.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 279 other Masters in Public Law in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in law or a relevant social science.
- IELTS 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.0 in all components.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.