By linking climate models with agricultural or economic models, a comprehensive overview of the Earth system is gained. On this basis, it is possible to develop concepts for sustainable development in all areas of human life on Earth.
- Training in data assimilation
- Operation and analyses of regional climate models
- Application of remote sensing for Earth System observations
- The synthesis of aspects of natural sciences with economic models
Reasons to choose Earth and Climate System Science program from University of Hohenheim
- Small degree programs with an excellent student-teacher ratio
- Degree programs focused on connecting research and teaching
- Hands-on regional climate modeling
- Demonstrations of and exercises with worldwide unique 3D scanning laser remote sensing systems for atmospheric water-vapor and temperature measurements
- Potential to get involved in international field campaigns on land-atmosphere feedback studies with the participation of NASA and NOAA in the US
- Modern laboratories and practical course rooms with state-of-the-art equipment
- Research in the areas of earth and climate system science (meteorology, environmental science, geoscience, etc.)
- Consulting for the public or private sector or with NGOs
- Development aid
- Science journalism
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Module Sustainability
- Chemistry of the Earth System & Pollution
- Ecosystems and Biodiversity
- Lecture Series Earth System Science
- Mathematics and Computational Sciences of the Earth System
- Spring School "Extreme Environments"
- Weather and Climate Physics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Earth Sciences Climate Studies & Meteorology View 108 other Masters in Economics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in natural, geo, or agricultural sciences (180 ECTS credits)
- Interest in the natural sciences
- Experience with experimental and practical work in the lab and in field experiments
- Interested in interdisciplinary contexts
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Stuttgart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.