In addition, faculty within the department offer supervision for doctoral and postdoctoral study and research.
- Many but not all graduate students fin this area of study combine their Biomedical Sciences - Veterinary Medicine and Surgery graduate degree training with clinical residency programs leading to board certification in some specialty field within veterinary medicine.
- The Biomedical Sciences - Veterinary Medicine and Surgery program at University of Missouri - Columbia provides advanced training in anesthesiology, comparative cardiology, equine, food animal and companion animal medicine and surgery, neurology, oncology, comparative ophthalmology, radiation oncology, radiology, nutrition, and theriogenology among other areas.
- Major biomedical disciplines include anatomy (gross or microscopic); physiology/pharmacology (molecular, cellular and integrative); biochemistry/molecular biology; endocrinology; and toxicology.
- Specific areas of interest are exercise biology including cardiac, vascular and muscle biology; cardiovascular biology including neuroendocrine regulation; membrane transport biology including cystic fibrosis and cardiac disease; and reproductive biology including environmental estrogen toxicities and developmental processes.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Veterinary Medicine View 50 other Masters in Veterinary Medicine in United States
- Completion of a bachelor’s or professional degree
- Identification of a mentor with graduate faculty standing within the Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery
- Identification of funding (with advice of mentor) for the period of research and study
- Perceived likelihood of successful completion of the program by the VMS graduate committee based on the match of candidate and faculty advisors, academic qualifications of the candidate, and when requested, a minimum of 3 suitable letters of recommendation
International24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
National24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12213 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.