In addition, faculty within the department offer supervision for doctoral and postdoctoral study and research.
- Many but not all graduate students fin this area of study combine their Biomedical Sciences - Veterinary Medicine and Surgery graduate degree training with clinical residency programs leading to board certification in some specialty field within veterinary medicine.
- The Biomedical Sciences - Veterinary Medicine and Surgery program at University of Missouri - Columbia provides advanced training in anesthesiology, comparative cardiology, equine, food animal and companion animal medicine and surgery, neurology, oncology, comparative ophthalmology, radiation oncology, radiology, nutrition, and theriogenology among other areas.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Laboratory Animal Biology
- Pathology of Laboratory Animals
- Laboratory Animal Resource Management
- Grant and Manuscript Writing for Biomedical Researchers
- Ethical Conduct of Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Veterinary Medicine Animal Sciences View 347 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Missouri - Columbia and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completion of a bachelor’s or professional degree
- Identification of a mentor with graduate faculty standing within the Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery
- Identification of funding (with advice of mentor) for the period of research and study
- Perceived likelihood of successful completion of the program by the VMS graduate committee based on the match of candidate and faculty advisors, academic qualifications of the candidate, and when requested, a minimum of 3 suitable letters of recommendation
International23140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23140 USD per year during 12 months.
National23140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23140 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12809 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12809 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.