This graduate Biomedical Sciences - Comparative Medicine program at University of Missouri - Columbia can be coupled with residency training and meet the requirements for eligibility for the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (ACLAM) certification examination.
- The opportunity for comparative studies in a joint veterinary and human medical environment
- The multidisciplinary nature of the faculty participating in the training program
- The potential to couple training in research with residency training in laboratory animal medicine, comparative pathology, diagnostics, and training toward board certification
- Strong research resources including AAALAC-accredited research animal facilities, a full-service, internationally-recognized research animal diagnostic laboratory, and NIH-funded research resource centers for mice, rats and swine
- A long history of successful training in comparative medicine
- Major biomedical disciplines include anatomy (gross or microscopic); physiology/pharmacology (molecular, cellular and integrative); biochemistry/molecular biology; endocrinology; and toxicology.
- Specific areas of interest are exercise biology including cardiac, vascular and muscle biology; cardiovascular biology including neuroendocrine regulation; membrane transport biology including cystic fibrosis and cardiac disease; and reproductive biology including environmental estrogen toxicities and developmental processes.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biology View 1229 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Graduate School online application.
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only).
- Upload unofficial copies of all transcripts to the online application system. Applicants provide official transcripts if accepted by the academic program.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Statement of career goals and interests.
- Graduate Record Examination Scores (if available).
- Three letters of reference.
International24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
National24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12213 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.