A Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Agricultural and Applied Economics (Accelerated) at University of Missouri - Columbia prepares students for a rewarding career in academia, agricultural business, government or international agriculture.
- The MS program may be a step toward the Ph.D. but may also be used as a terminal program for those interested in careers in agribusiness, extension or government. Programs are flexible.
- All Ph.D. and most M.S. students become involved in research, but those whose career interests lie in other directions find the department willing to accommodate them.
- Students can study agribusiness management, contracting and strategy; collective action and cooperative theory; econometrics and price analysis; entrepreneurship; environmental and natural resource economics;
- Food, biofuel and agricultural policy and regulation; international development; regional economics and rural development policy; science policy and innovation; sustainable agriculture and applied ethics.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEconomics Agribusiness Agriculture View 681 other Masters in Economics in United States
- Have completed at least 90 credit hours toward a bachelor’s degree.
- Have a 3.0 cumulative GPA or better
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application.
- 1 letter of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
International24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
National24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12213 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.