The Master in Theology (Research) from the Australian Catholic University provides students with substantial background in Theology and preliminary research training with the opportunity to undertake a major piece of theological research in a specialised area.
Graduates will be able to demonstrate:
- advanced knowledge and skills in a theological discipline, which may include philosophy;
- the capacity to undertake successfully under supervision a major piece of theological or philosophical research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Master of Theology Thesis A Ft
- God, the Universe and Everything
- The Problem of Evil
- Truth and Interpretation (Hermeneutics)
- Special Studies in Philosophy
- Philosophy Project A
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 17 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- CRICOS Code: 074592C
- A candidate for the degree of Master of Theology (Research) must comply with the Research and Professional Doctorate Degree Regulations.
- To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have completed:
- an undergraduate degree in Theology (or equivalent) with Honours at a minimum level of Second Class Division A; or
- a Master of Theological Studies with a distinction average or higher in THEL623 Theology Project C and THEL619 Introduction to Theological and Philosophical Research (or equivalent); and
- a specialisation in one of the theological disciplines, or philosophy as it relates to theology.
- An applicant seeking admission on the basis of a qualification undertaken in a language other than English must satisfy the English language proficiency requirements set by the University. This is an overall academic IELTS score of 6.5 (with a minimum score of 6.0 in all tests)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25736 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25736 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.