Australian Catholic University ’s Master in Public Health - Leadership and Management in Health Care prepares graduates to practice with a community, national or global focus, and with an ethical, social justice perspective.
What you'll study
A uniquely ACU specialisation, global health is an increasingly important and active area of work for public health practitioners. If you are planning to focus on global health, our Master of Public Health program offers a specialisation in global health and advocacy during your second year. The Master of Public Health (Global Health and Advocacy) specialisation will give you the knowledge, skills and experience to practice effectively in the evolving professional landscape of global health.
Students may choose to complete their Master with specialisation through a Research Pathway (undertaking additional research training and completion of a minor thesis) or a Capstone Pathway (involving a capstone experience, such as a practice-based project).
Graduates have pursued careers in:
- not-for-profit organisations
- health education
- health services
- project management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History and Principles of Public Health
- Health Promotion
- Determinants of Health
- Disease Prevention and Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration View 127 other Masters in Health Administration in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- CRICOS Code: 090702B
- a Bachelor degree (or higher) or equivalent; or
- successfully completed a Graduate Diploma in Public Health; and
- A grade point average of 4.2 on the ACU 7 point scale in a Bachelor degree; or
- A minimum of two years professional experience in health (or related field), including Honours or other postgraduate study in health; or
- Suitable practical experience in public health, global health or humanitarian assistance to the satisfaction of the course coordinator.
- Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy and require an academic IELTS minimum overall score of 6.5 (with a minimum score of 6.0 in all bands)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24824 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24824 AUD per year during 24 months.
National21080 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21080 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.