About the Program
The Nursing Administration program of the University of Alabama Huntsville is designed to prepare you for leadership roles in a broad range of healthcare environments. Taught by the same nursing faculty who teach on campus, this flexible program is only offered 100% online and can be completed in as few as 12 months.
The UAH College of Nursing online MSN – Nursing Administration degree program aligns with the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) and Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) competencies, including:
- Effective communication
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Safety and continuous quality improvement
- Diversity and cultural competency
- Patient-centered care
- Information technology
- Evidence-based practice
With your MSN – Nursing Administration degree, you can expand your impact in nursing through positions in education, administration, management, or specialty area roles in a variety of care delivery sites. Plus, practical experience gained through the program can prepare you to pursue your Doctor of Nursing Practice degree.
In the online MSN – Nursing Administration program, you will:
- Study quality, safety, and risk management concepts for nurse leaders
- Examine the U.S. health care system
- Discuss philosophical and theoretical bases of nursing and the application of research findings for practice
- Learn essential aspects of management, including human resources, budgeting and finance, and operational management
- Synthesize leadership learning and operational skills through identified nurse executive competencies
- Foundational Concepts for Nurse Administrators
- Leadership in Human Resource Management
- Scholarly Inquiry for Advanced Practice
- Healthcare Finance and Economics
- Informatics for Nurse Administrators
- US Health Care System
- 12 months
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Health Nursing View 352 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- BSN from a regionally accredited university and a nursing program that is accredited by the Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the NLN Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA).
- Submission of Resume or CV.
- Current unencumbered RN license
- 3.0 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale in all baccalaureate coursework or on the last 60 semester hours of baccalaureate coursework completed.
- If GPA is between 2.5 and 3.0, student will need a minimum score on MAT of (410) or GRE (150/ 150/3).
- Criminal background check and drug testing
- Physical/health exam
- Tetanus Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap)
- PPD skin test, chest x-ray, or QuantiFERON TB Gold
- Immunization records for Hepatitis B, Varicella, MMR, and Influenza
- CPR or ACLS certification
- Student consent forms and policies
- Cultural Diversity, OSHA, and HIPAA certifications
- Liability insurance
- Current health insurance
International14040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14040 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National14040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14040 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.