Jagiellonian University's Drug Discovery and Development degree provides a solid grounding in pharmaceutical sciences, together with an opportunity to specialize in a particular drug discovery and development area. The first semester is devoted to provide a basic understanding of drug discovery and development as well as key chemical, biological and pathophysiological aspects, relevant to drug research. The second semester provides a wide and well-balanced training in pharmaceutical sciences, which serves as a basis for further, specialized skills development. The third and fourth semesters are focused on one of the three leading areas: Medicinal Chemistry, Experimental Pharmacology and Model Based Drug Development.
- Legal and Scientific Basics of Drug Discovery and Development
- Chemistry in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Biology in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Humanities - Bioethics in pharmaceutical sciences
- Humanities — Scientific writing Foreign Language in
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Diseases States and Pharmacotherapeutic Strategies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Jagiellonian University and/or in Poland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Candidates applying to this programme need to be holders of a higher education diploma (e.g. Licencjat) awarded in any field.
- The diploma needs to confirm their eligibility to undertake second-cycle programmes of study in Poland. For diplomas issued abroad of Poland, the diploma needs to confirm candidate’s eligibility to undertake studies on equivalent level in its country of issue.
- Admitted candidates need to have graduated from the declared study programmes by the time of enrolment.
- personal questionnaire downloaded from the system, including the photograph, together with other documents downloaded from the system from under the link “Documents and further steps” in the table of the application for this programme,
- copy of higher education diploma, entitling its holder (the candidate) to enrol into a second-cycle graduate programme, with the original document available for inspection.
International5309 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10619 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA5309 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10619 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- 50 400 PLN/full
Living costs for Kraków
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.