The MA Screenwriting course equips you with professional skills to develop your own voice and produce marketable and commercially successful scripts for film, television and web series.
- Practical. Work with professional actors who will perform your script in front of you, pitch your script to a panel of industry experts at the end of each key module, and receive professional script development
- Comprehensive. Learn about writing for different platforms: film, television, web, radio and games
- Working towards an Industry assignment. Students will conceive, create and deliver what we refer to internally as an ‘Industry Project’. You will work within a creative team and respond to a professional brief from a commercial, public sector or charitable ‘client’.
- Industry awareness. Learn from award-winning tutors and guest speakers with extensive professional experience
- Career-focused. Write a script for an external client while working together with other MA students on an industry-integrated project. Receive real-life screenwriting experience and improve your communication, teamworking and pitching skills
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 24 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To apply for the MA course you will need to be 18 years of age or older at the time the course starts. Applicants must have a minimum 2:1 honours degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent. Applicants without this qualification, but possessing relevant work experience, are also invited to apply. Each application is considered on its individual merits. All applicants must submit relevant creative work that contributes towards a portfolio.
International16500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA16500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.