During this course, you will gain advanced insight into the work of a screenwriter - deep understanding of screen storytelling and professional scripts, working across a variety of screen platforms and industry contexts, writing short form and feature length scripts, the writer's role as initiator and enabler, professional working practices and employment strategies.
Why take the course?
- Practical: Pitch your script to a panel of industry experts, see your script performed by actors, and receive script development support from leading UK film and television production companies.
- Comprehensive: Learn about writing for different platforms, including film, television, web, radio, games and commercials.
- Industry-facing: Learn from leading industry tutors and guest speakers with extensive professional experience as writers, directors, showrunners, and script developers in the screen industries.
- Real-life Experience: Write for an external client, and receive real-life screenwriting experience to improve your communication, teamworking, and pitching skills.
- Portfolio: Graduate with a portfolio of content, normally including short film script, treatments for genre feature films, a pilot screenplay, online video scripts, industry-standard script reports, synopses, outlines, project pitches, and a final project feature-length script.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Screenwriting Craft and Industry
- Writing for Film
- Professional Profile
- Writing Digital Content
- Writing for Television
- Practice-based Research
- Final Project and Career Plan
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 29 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Please find more information on our Entry Requirements here: www.metfilmschool.ac.uk/study-with-us/postgraduate-courses/
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA18500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.