About the Program
Our Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program at Duke University focuses on developing the knowledge and skills necessary to deliver psychiatric mental health advanced practice nursing to all ages, especially to those in rural and underserved areas. In addition to our other admission requirements, if you possess one or more of the following, you will be most competitive for selection: 1) greater than one year of post licensure medical-surgical nursing experience (e.g. internal medicine, surgical, pediatrics, intensive care, perioperative, neurology, maternal-child, or emergency nursing) and/or 2) an American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Certification (RN-BC).
On-campus intensives and state-of-the-art simulation techniques supplement an established program designed to prepare you for management of patients across all psychiatric and mental health care settings. Examples of practice settings include emergency departments, inpatient hospitalist and intensive care services, residential mental health care facilities, DoD/VA facilities, Department of Corrections and substance abuse treatment facilities.
- Nurse as Scholar: Science Development, Study Design & Statistics
- Nurse as Scholar: Evidence-based Practice
- Population Health in a Global Society
- Professional Transitions: Advanced Nursing Practice
- Physical Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning in APN
- Clinical Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Advanced Practice Nursing in Primary Care Adolescents and Adult Patients
- Advanced Practice Nursing in Primary Care Adolescents, Adults and Older Adult Patients: Clinical
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1872 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science from an accredited institution (transcripts required, including an estimated GPA and a grade scale)
- Statement of Purpose
- Three recommendations
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or equivalent—official results
- English Language Testing (TOEFL or IELTS)—official results
- Interview and/or a video introduction
- Nonrefundable application fee of US$75— paid by credit card, or by a check made payable to Duke University
International57900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28950 USD per semester during 24 months.
National57900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28950 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Durham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.