About the Program
The program in Nursing and Healthcare Leadership major at Duke University is completely online, allowing you to complete the program while continuing to work. Traditional health care administration content and new ways of thinking about organizations, management, and leadership prepares you for the challenges of today’s and the future’s health care environment. The final course in this major (Nursing 711, Synthesis of Specialty Practice) is an intensive experience in a health care organization (minimum of 168 practicum hours) in which you work with an experienced manager/administrator/executive preceptor on a collaborative project.
Contemporary curriculum prepares you for positions from traditional management/administrative careers to emerging leadership roles in quality, safety, Magnet coordination, provider practice management. Graduates have careers is a wide range of organizations: inpatient, ambulatory, integrated systems and community-based.
- Nurse as Scholar: Evidence-based Practice
- Population Health in a Global Society
- Professional Transitions: Advanced Nursing Practice
- Advanced Pathology/Physiology Across the Lifespan: A Conceptual Approach
- Physical Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning in Advanced
- Practice Nursing
- Clinical Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Nursing 3
- Advanced Practice Nursing in Primary Care Adolescents and
- Adult Patients
- Advanced Practice Nursing in Primary Care Adolescents
- Advanced Practice Nursing Care in Older Adult Patients
- Advanced Practice Nursing in Acutely Ill Adult-Gerontology
- Patients Synthesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Completed applications are due as soon as possible.
- Fall priority deadline- December 1st.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Administration View 993 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science from an accredited institution (transcripts required, including an estimated GPA and a grade scale)
- Statement of Purpose
- Three recommendations
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or equivalent—official results
- English Language Testing (TOEFL or IELTS)—official results
- Interview and/or a video introduction
- Nonrefundable application fee of US$75— paid by credit card, or by a check made payable to Duke University
Nursing experience (one year recommended for most programs; additional experience required for some programs).
International60220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30110 USD per semester during 24 months.
National60220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30110 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Durham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.