About this Degree
Biology is involved in solving many problems of the present and future. Biologists are much in demand. In many areas, their scientific expertise is indispensable when it comes to finding cutting-edge solutions, e.g. for the conservation of our natural environment and biodiversity, sustainable use of all terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems, development of new materials, biomedicine and biotechnology, national and international nature conservation and blue sciences. As a graduate of the Industrial and Environmental Biology Master's programme from Hochschule Bremen, you will have the prerequisites to take on specialist and management tasks in many of these fields – a profession with a future!
Career prospects in the field of Industrial Biology
- Laboratory activities and management in diagnostics and hygiene laboratories
- Research and development of active substances in the pharmaceutical industry, activities in medical technology or in test procedures for diagnostics
- Quality management in the production of biotechnologically manufactured substances (food, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, industrial enzymes, etc.) or test procedures as well as medical product development
- Project and product development and management
- Marketing and public relations in pharmaceutical and biotech companies, project work with clinical research organisations, pharmaceutical or medtech consulting
- Areas surrounding sustainable production
- The module Mathematics and Statistics for Biologists is compulsory for all students.
- The remaining four modules are taught in consecutive blocks (4 weeks each).
- The compulsory elective area enables students to supplement the range of subjects to suit their chosen specialisation.
- The courses available come either from other degree programmes at the Hochschule Bremen or from other universities in the Bremen region. The range of compulsory elective subjects can vary from year to year.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- University degree (overall grade 2.5 or ECTS grades A+ to C+) from the fields of biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, ecology or a related degree programme with a strong biology orientation
- 210 ECTS credits (applicants with a university degree and 180 ECTS are offered the opportunity to acquire the missing 30 ECTS)
- English B2
International760 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 380 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEA760 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 380 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Bremen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.