As a social worker, you are tasked with intervening in the lives of those who are vulnerable. You are required to make decisions which can impact upon both the individual and wider society. This course offers you flexible access to a range of modules – relevant at whatever stage of your career you are at – and will equip you with the essential skills needed for current practice.
The course from Nottingham Trent University has been designed to meet the requirements of the Professional Capabilities Framework and Social Work England’s Professional Standards.
It's therefore an ideal opportunity for continuous professional development, which will support your continued registration with Social Work England as a qualified practitioner who has demonstrated commitment to and involvement in CPD.
Careers and employability
This employment focused Advanced Social Work Practice course has strong links with the statutory, voluntary and private sectors. There is a strong emphasis on the integration of practice into the curriculum and all students undertake work-based learning in their current organisation.
There are a wide range of opportunities for career development for social workers and this course will support your development towards senior practice and management roles.
Opportunities may also exist in Local Authority social care departments, the private and independent sector, educational welfare, services such as guidance providing agencies, careers services and youth justice.
Continuing education is central to the delivery of quality social work. If you have a particularly interest that is not covered above, please contact us and see what we can offer.
- Consolidating the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
- Promoting Good Outcomes for Looked After Children Through Adoption
- Practice Educator One
- Practice Educator Two
- Leading and Managing Social Work Services
- Research Methods
- Research Dissertation or Service Development Evaluation Project
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 265 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need a professional social work qualification. This may be a Social Work degree, Diploma in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or their predecessor UK equivalents, or a recognised international equivalent accompanied by statements of verification issued by a relevant UK Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Body (PSRB) such as Social Work England, the Health and Care Professions Council or The General Social Care Council.
- Applicants from allied disciplines may be eligible to apply for entry onto specific modules. Please contact the course team to discuss your options.
- Applicants must be a registered social worker with Social Work England.
- You will also be required to demonstrate in your application that you have access to appropriate learning opportunities through your practice settings and that your employer will allow you to use your work in these settings as learning opportunities for the modules on the course.
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.