You will explore the operation of markets, their major participants and the regulatory environments, as well as building a firm understanding of corporate finance, basic accounting and financial analysis.
This course emphasises the analysis and valuation of investment products, and critical analysis of information in derivatives markets and portfolio and investment management. You will work with financial tools and techniques in an applied setting, using our state-of-the-art Business Lab equipped with the latest Bloomberg software to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in this sector.
Careers and employability
At Nottingham Trent University Business School, we’re focused on your employability from the start of your postgraduate degree. We provide you with a learning experience that integrates theory and practice.
Graduates from this Finance and Investment Banking course have gone onto roles within the public, private and third sector, undertaking positions such as:
- Equity Trader and Analyst
- Financial Associate
- Investment Manager
- Tax Accountant
- Fund Manager
- Global Financial Markets
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Valuation of Investment Products
- Derivatives Markets
- Investment and Portfolio Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Finance View 867 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above) containing some evidence of quantitative ability.
- All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
- One academic reference is required.
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Two years (placement year)
- National: £12,385 (£11,000 in year one and £1,385 in year two)
- International: £19,385 (£18,000 in year one and £1,385 in year two)
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.