The Nottingham Trent University's Centre for Business and Insolvency Law has links with a number of international agencies including INSOL International, the Insolvency Service and the World Bank. It also hosts an annual International Insolvency Conference and a number of other events throughout the year in partnership with other agencies.
Traditional subjects such as Public Companies, Business Organisations and Corporate Liquidation, are a key part of this Corporate and Insolvency Law (Distance learning) course. You will complete your LLM with a strong understanding of Corporate and Insolvency Law within a European and International context, as well as being able to demonstrate an awareness of the wider economic and social factors which influence corporate institutions.
Careers and employability
Career development is an integral part of the programme and our careers team run a series of workshops where you can identify methods and strategies to enable you to pursue your career goals.
Due to the School's excellent reputation within the legal profession, our graduates are highly sought-after and recognised for the depth and relevance of their knowledge.While this course does not currently offer placements we do encourage our students to pursue placement opportunities.
Find out about the opportunities available through our pro bono and University volunteering schemes.
- Business Organisations
- Public Companies: Securities Regulation & Corporate Governance
- Corporate Liquidation
- Securing Corporate Debt
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 58 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Nottingham Trent University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A good Law degree, 2.2 or above.
- Applicants whose first degree is not Law will be required to provide evidence of commitment to the LLM subject that they wish to study.
- Applicants from other disciplines will be welcomed in appropriate circumstances, particularly if they have experience in the area, even if not as lawyers.
- It is a programme requirement that students have access to the internet and are IT literate
International3850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3850 GBP per year during 24 months.
National3850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3850 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.