This Sustainable Food Systems MSc program offered at Arizona State University also allows students to spend a week meeting with food producers in Arizona and a week meeting with policymakers in Washington D.C. Students participate in research projects and professional presentations that contribute to food policy knowledge among sustainable food system advocates.
Graduates of the program are able to employ solutions-based thinking and a dynamic systems framework to create the inclusive, diverse and resilient food systems of the future.
From the School of Sustainability's 2020 alumni employment survey, 100% of master's degree program graduates are either employed or have gone on to a graduate program. Of those employed, 82% of respondents have jobs directly related to sustainability. Because the sustainable food systems program just launched Fall 2019, the school currently does not have alumni employment data for this specific degree.
Students can use their training in sustainable food systems to advance their career in the food and agriculture sector. Career opportunities include:
- chief sustainability officer
- director of regulatory affairs
- food policy manager
- policy director
- senior advisor for sustainable food systems
- Pathways to Sustainability
- Leading Sustainability Transitions
- Tools and Tactics for Food Policy Change
- Food and Farm Immersion Experience
- Managing Natural Resources for Food Production
- Applied Food Policy Immersion Experience
- American Agriculture in the Global Context
- Organizational Leadership
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Priority deadline
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management Food Sciences Agriculture View 47 other Masters in Agriculture in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the College of Global Futures.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- statement of intent
- two letters of recommendation
- professional resume
- proof of English proficiency
International10372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10372 USD per year during 12 months.
National10372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10372 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.