There is increasing demand for professionals who are aware of the issues and needs facing these special individuals, their families and service providers. Program graduates are well-prepared to provide important services and care for individuals with ASD in a variety of roles, including as educators, interventionists, paraprofessionals, psychologists, speech pathologists, therapists or family members.
Graduates from the Special Education - Autism Spectrum Disorders MA program offered at Arizona State University have the specialized skills and knowledge they need to work effectively and compassionately with children and adults, including family members, impacted by autism.Career examples include:
- community support professional
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Measurement, Data Display, Interpretation and Experimental Design
- Family-Centered Practices
- Consultation Frameworks and Issues
- Applied Behavior Analysis in Inclusive Settings
- Verbal Behavior
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Communication Studies Special Education View 285 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree in education, psychology or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- written statement
- professional resume
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
International10372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10372 USD per year during 12 months.
National10372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10372 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.