The Special Education - Applied Behavior Analysis MA program offered at Arizona State University prepares students to use applied behavior analysis to address a variety of learning and behavior needs across a range of professions and settings. All courses are online, combining an assortment of resources and technologies to provide students the opportunity to interact directly with program faculty and classmates.
Program graduates are well prepared to provide applied behavior analysis and evidence-based consultative services and support to clients, community and family members across a variety of settings. Coursework is verified by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board for students interested in sitting for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst examination. BCBA supervised independent fieldwork, required for certification, is arranged and completed by the student separately from their ASU coursework.
Professionals with expertise in evidence-based practices in ABA are in high demand across sectors and industries, including education, business and health care.
Career examples include:
- ABA therapist
- behavior specialist
- board-certified behavior analyst
- early interventionist
- organizational behavior management
- Measurement, Data Display, Interpretation and Experimental Design
- Concepts and Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Behavior Analytic Assessment
- Behavior Change Procedures: Implementing Interventions in Behavior Analysis
- Personnel Supervision and Organizational Behavior Management in Educational Settings
- Philosophical Foundations of Applied Behavior Analysis in Educational Settings
- Ethics of Applied Behavior Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 996 other Masters in Education in United States
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College.
- Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree, in any field, from a regionally accredited institution. A degree in education or another field related to applied behavior analysis is preferred.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
- graduate admission application and application fee
- official transcripts
- personal statement
- three letters of recommendation
- proof of English proficiency
International10372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10372 USD per year during 12 months.
National10372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10372 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.