The Department offers graduate and undergraduate programs leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Materials Engineering, the degree of Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Selection of Materials, Extractive Metallurgy, Casting, Welding and Corrosion and the degree of PhD in Materials Engineering, Nano-Materials and Biomaterials. Over 580 students are currently studying in the department.
The Department of Materials Engineering has over 20 educational and research laboratories equipped with modern tools and facilities. More than 50 people work within the Department of Materials Engineering as academic staff, technical staff and administrative staff. The Department has initiated number of national institutes including Society of Surface, Science and Technology, Iron and Steel Society, Center of Excellence for Steel and also some research groups which are based in the Department.
Research within the Materials Engineering program of the Isfahan University of Technology is broadly categorized into the following areas:
- Advanced Materials
- Materials processing
- Extractive Metallurgy
- Thermo-mechanical Treatment
- High Temperature Materials
- Surface Engineering and Tribology
- Solidification and casting of metals
- Nano-materials and metallic glasses
- Computer modelling and simulation
- Advanced Metallography and Lab
- Advanced Materials Thermodynamics
- Diffusion in Solids
- Advanced Solidification Processing
- Metallurgical Phase Transformation
- Theory of Dislocations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 53 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Iran
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Isfahan University of Technology and/or in Iran, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Holding a B.Sc. degree from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 14 out of 20 (2.8 out of 4.0).
- Applicant who wants to take part in English courses: Should have a valid English language certificate
International2000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.