- to foster transdisciplinary knowledge through systematic integration;
- to impart an understanding of the essentials in design, business and technology;
- to progress practice-based research and integrative design thinking training;
- to incubate talents for Hong Kong industries' transformation; and
- to identify opportunities and resources for improving lives and economies at the local, regional and global levels.
In line with the Scheme's high-level flexible curriculum, the specialism offers an additional option for students to customise their learning experience through choosing one of the four progression pathways: the IBD core pathway, IBD+ISD pathway, IBD+SSD pathway and IBD+TED pathway.
Students can also select a mix of subjects offered by the IBD and the other MDes specialisms, including Intelligent Systems Design (ISD), Smart Service Design (SSD) and Transitional Environment Design (TED), to prepare for their entrepreneurial project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In Semester 1, IBD students formulate a knowledge foundation of their domain area, explore the appropriate direction of their development, and develop multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Semester 2 articulates the core knowledge of Innovate with Lifestyle and Culture and Design for Transformation with a holistic view of design's value in the new business context created by human-centred design thinking and new technologies.
- Summer Term is for self-reflection and career preparation. Every student completes at least three projects at the end of this one-year programme: the interdisciplinary project, the theme-based project and the entrepreneurial project.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Design Management, Organisation & Leadership View 47 other Masters in Business Administration in Hong Kong (SAR)
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in design, business, humanities or a technological field is required, preferably with two years of relevant professional experience. Candidates with other tertiary qualifications complemented by substantial relevant professional experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Application form
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation (academic/ work)
- Evidence of academic qualification, i.e. degree certificate(s)/diploma(s) and final official transcript(s)
- All admissions must go through the interview process. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview either in-person or online.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21871 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21871 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National19113 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19113 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- Tuition: HK$174,600 (local) / HK$199,800 (non-local);
- Initial tuition fee: HK$19,400 (local) / HK$55,000 (non-local)
Living costs for Kowloon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.