- to foster transdisciplinary knowledge through systematic integration;
- to impart an understanding of the essentials in design, business and technology;
- to progress practice-based research and integrative design thinking training;
- to incubate talents for Hong Kong industries' transformation; and
- to identify opportunities and resources for improving lives and economies at the local, regional and global levels.
Targeting on meaning creation, the new postgraduate programme aims to foster transdisciplinaryknowledge based on a systematic understanding of essentials in design, business andtechnology, and support practice-based research with the established history of SD and unique resources in Hong Kong and the GBA.
Our new postgraduate programme is an innovation ecosystem through configuring resources and facilitating innovation for our students, alumni, industrial partners, government and other key stakeholders as a catalyst for change.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In Semester 1, IBD students formulate a knowledge foundation of their domain area, explore the appropriate direction of their development, and develop multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Semester 2 articulates the core knowledge of Innovate with Lifestyle and Culture and Design for Transformation with a holistic view of design's value in the new business context created by human-centred design thinking and new technologies.
- Summer Term is for self-reflection and career preparation. Every student completes at least three projects at the end of this one-year programme: the interdisciplinary project, the theme-based project and the entrepreneurial project.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Entrepreneurship View 8 other Masters in Design in Hong Kong (SAR)
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in design, business, humanities, or a technological field is required, preferably with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Candidates with other tertiary qualifications complemented by substantial relevant professional experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23508 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 653 EUR per credit during 12 months.
National22284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 619 EUR per credit during 12 months.
- HK$4,850 per credit for local students; HK$5,550 per credit for non-local students
Living costs for Kowloon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
- Hong Kong (SAR)
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.