Students of the Molecular Biology and Biotechnology program from United Arab Emirates University are required to complete 24 credit hours of coursework in addition to 6 credit hours assigned to research and a completion of a M.Sc. thesis.
What you'll study
The coursework includes 2 credit hours of College of Science requirements (Ethics, Research Methods), 12 credit hours of 4 core Molecular Biology and Biotechnology courses in addition to 10 credit hours of intercollege (College of Science and College of Medicine and Health Sciences) elective courses that allows the student to specialize in any specific topic related to Molecular Biology and/or Biotechnology.
Students can take up to 6 credit hours of elective courses offered by the CMHS. Student progress is overseen by a research supervisor (and co-supervisors) and a thesis defense committee. The program is a fee-based program open for all students who meet the entry requirements.
Program ObjectivesDevelop proficiency of basic concepts in cellular and molecular biology, ecology and environmental sciences, and general biology.Foster teamwork and improve oral and communication skills.Foster a student-oriented research program that results in professional publications.Embrace student-oriented teaching methods that nurture critical thinking abilities and apply their knowledge to solve theoretical and empirical real-life problems.Prepare students for future job market and careers.
Program Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate leading edge knowledge in a chosen specialized area of molecular biology and/or biotechnology
- Gain insight into the most significant and recent biotechnology and molecular-based methods used to expand the understanding of biology.
- Manage and analyze data stored in databases, familiarize with various bioinformatics analysis tools available to analyze biological data.
- Conduct scientific molecular biology and/or biotechnology research, and use quantitative methods to analyze results
- Evaluate methods and results within the field of specialization critically and ethically.
- Work independently or in a team on complex project that requires multidisciplinary collaboration
- Communicate scientific results to both experts and general audience through writing structured reports and contributions for scientific publications and posters, and by oral presentations.
- Advanced Gene Expression
- Advanced Genetic Engineering
- Advanced Molecular Biology Techniques
- Applied Statistics
- Applications of Bioinformatics
- Environmental Biotechnology
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Molecular Sciences View 4 other Masters in Biotechnology in United Arab Emirates
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at United Arab Emirates University and/or in United Arab Emirates, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, in all undergraduate work;
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research; and
- A score of at least 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic exam or equivalent, for all disciplines delivered predominantly in English
International10700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 535 EUR per credit during 18 months.
National10700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 535 EUR per credit during 18 months.
2300 Fee per Credit Hour (AED)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.