The Master of Science program in Clinical Psychology from United Arab Emirates University is designed to provide proper training for Masters level psychologists to work in a variety of clinical settings including hospitals, schools, public agencies, and private practice. It also provides a foundation for students interested in pursuing advanced doctoral studies. The program focuses on the field of clinical psychology.
What you'll study
The curriculum is structured to enable students pursue a plan of study to assure increased professional competence and breadth of knowledge in the field of clinical psychology. This program requires 39 semester hours of study, including two practicum courses (600 clock hours) of supervised practicum experience in an approved mental health or rehabilitation setting.
- To provide students with advanced knowledge of current developments in clinical psychology.
- To train students on the application of clinical knowledge to solve psychological problems.
- To train students to act independently in planning and implementing tasks at a professional level.
- To enable students to communicate clinical issues and conclusions clearly to all parties involved.
- To provide students with knowledge that enables them to conduct clinical research under minimal supervision.
Program Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate clinical knowledge that is culturally sound and relevant to professional and ethical practices in the field of mental health.
- Conduct proper psychological assessment.
- Diagnose successfully clients’ clinical problems using DSM/ ICD.
- Create suitable treatment plans for diverse psychological disorders.
- Apply therapeutic skills to help clients (individuals and groups) overcome their psychological disorders.
- Communicate comprehensive and understandable psychological reports to all parties involved.
- Apply appropriate methodology to conduct research in clinical psychology.
- Advanced Clinical Psychology
- Cross-Cultural Issues
- Advanced Psychopathology
- Personality Self-report Measures
- Child & Family Therapy
- Intellectual Assessment
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology View 7 other Masters in Psychology in United Arab Emirates
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, in all undergraduate work;
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research; and
- A score of at least 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic exam or equivalent, for all disciplines delivered predominantly in English
International9672 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 372 EUR per credit during 18 months.
National9672 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 372 EUR per credit during 18 months.
1600 Fee per Credit Hour (AED)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.