The Information Security program from United Arab Emirates University is geared towards meeting the growing need for information technology specialists in information security. The program provides graduates with depth courses designed to enhance their skill set and knowledge in information security as well as breadth information technology courses. The program provides the needed technical and managerial expertise to plan, acquire, operate, manage and evaluate an organization's information security system of operations.
What you'll study
The emphasis of this specialization is on applying proven and innovative practices for building industry-standard secure systems, applications and networks. This program is for highly motivated groups of working professionals and recent Bachelor's degree graduates.
The program is designed to impart knowledge and develop the skills needed to meet current and future information security needs of the government and corporate organizations, as well as preparing students to pursue a Ph.D. in information security or related areas.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply information security knowledge and effective security strategies and standards.
- Design effective security solutions based on given requirements.
- Evaluate in depth enterprise security systems.
- Execute ethically project work or research that contributes significantly to the information security discipline.
- Demonstrate advanced oral and written communication skills individually and collectively.
- Analyze critically emerging information security concepts, models, techniques, and solutions.
- Current Emerging Trends in Information Technology
- Management and Leadership in Information Technology
- System Analysis, Modeling & Design
- Information Security Fundamentals
- Advanced Network Security
- Cryptography and Secure Communications
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences IT Security Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 8 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Arab Emirates
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, in all undergraduate work;
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research; and
- A score of at least 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic exam or equivalent, for all disciplines delivered predominantly in English
International11160 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 558 EUR per credit during 18 months.
National11160 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 558 EUR per credit during 18 months.
2400 Fee per Credit Hour (AED)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.