Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems at United Arab Emirates University is designed to provide you with the theoretical background and practical skills to start or advance your career in remote sensing and GIS. The curriculum has been specifically developed to suit students from diverse academic backgrounds and professional occupations. No prior remote sensing or GIS experience is required to excel in the program.
- Discuss the theoretical background and practical skills for a career in Remote Sensing or GIS.
- Identify the recent advances in Remote Sensing, GIS and GNSS relating that with scientific research and its role in the society.
- Apply analytical and spatial thinking skills needed for successful use of remote sensing and GIS in solving spatial problems.
Program Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Discuss the theoretical principles of remote sensing and GIS and their role in modeling and solving environmental, urban and social issues.
- Recognize advanced analysis and interpretation skills needed in remote sensing and GIS.
- Apply practical remote sensing and GIS procedures for assessing and solving environmental, urban, geologic and societal problems.
- Communicate remote sensing and GIS related ideas and results both orally and in writing.
- Develop remote sensing and GIS project management, team work and leadership skills.
- Produce scientific research related to the applications of remote sensing and GIS.
- Principles of Remote Sensing
- Fundamentals of GIS
- Digital Image Processing in RS
- Spatial Analysis Using GIS
- Local & Web Based Services GIS
- Database Management Systems
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Total credit hours is 30 for theses and 34 for no-theses
DisciplinesGeographical Information Systems (GIS) Data Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 8 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Arab Emirates
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, in all undergraduate work;
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research; and
- A score of at least 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic exam or equivalent, for all disciplines delivered predominantly in English
International13940 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 697 EUR per credit during 18 months.
National13940 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 697 EUR per credit during 18 months.
3000 Fee per Credit Hour (AED)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.