The Food Science program from United Arab Emirates University will provide a science-based professional education that encompasses classroom theory, practical research, and its application. Students will have an opportunity to comprehensively study theoretical and applied aspects of the science, technology, and engineering of foods.
An in-depth understanding of science, as it applies to foods, will assist students with interest in career and technical education, to understand the food industry as well as food preparation in their daily life. This program is designed to produce expert food science postgraduate with the knowledge and skills to develop and further excel in the professional world.
- Provide students with advanced theoretical and research knowledge in the field.
- Empower students to integrate and apply knowledge of food science to real-world issues in food systems, components, products, and processes.
- Produce highly trained graduates able to meet leadership needs of national and international professional careers.
- Develop well-prepared graduates to become research leaders and innovators in food science field.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Discuss advanced concepts, theories, and emerging food science methodologies.
- Apply core knowledge of food science to identify problems and propose solutions in the field.
- Design and conduct scientific research in the field of food science, and use quantitative methods to analyze results.
- Communicate scientific and technical knowledge in written and oral forms to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrate knowledge of food science contemporary issues, ethics, and professional responsibility.
- Ethics of Scientific Research
- Advanced Food Microbiology
- Advanced Food Chemistry
- Advanced Food Analysis
- Advanced Food Processing
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Microbiology Food Sciences View 7 other Masters in Chemistry in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, in all undergraduate work;
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research; and
- A score of at least 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic exam or equivalent, for all disciplines delivered predominantly in English
International10700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 535 EUR per credit during 18 months.
National10700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 535 EUR per credit during 18 months.
2300 Fee per Credit Hour (AED)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.