Graduates of the Petroleum Engineering program from United Arab Emirates University may choose to work in the petroleum industry, continue on to other graduate level degrees, or join consulting/contracting companies. Prospective students have to be motivated to seek life-long learning and professional development and be capable of becoming professionals and leaders in the global petroleum industries.
- To generate graduates with high levels of competence in fundamental and applied concepts of petroleum engineering.
- To provide opportunities to address industrially important problems and to propose and investigate possible solutions.
- To provide an environment in which students can embrace social and personal development.
- To motivate the students to seek life-long learning and professional development
- To enhance students recognition and understanding of the professional and societal responsibilities associated with working in the industry.
- To develop computational techniques, and written and oral communication skills.
- To cultivate innovation and entrepreneurship through deeper understanding and advanced knowledge of the Petroleum Engineering principles and operations.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply advanced concepts of fundamental sciences and engineering to solve complex Petroleum Engineering problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively both independently and in teams of various backgrounds.
- Apply innovative and practical solutions to existing or novel processes in research.
- Search, evaluate and acquire information from relevant petroleum engineering literature.
- Design advanced approaches to conduct petroleum engineering experiments.
- Use advanced quantitative and qualitative methods to interpret research experimental results.
- Disseminate and discuss their professional and scientific work to the general public, as well as to experts in both writing and oral formats.
- Observe and apply ethical and professional codes and responsibilities.
- Advanced Reservoir Engineering
- Advanced formation evaluation
- Numerical Methods in Engineering
- Advanced Petroleum Production Engineering
- Advanced Natural Gas Engineering
- Graduate Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Mining, Oil & Gas Environmental Sciences View 9 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Arab Emirates
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, in all undergraduate work;
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research; and
- A score of at least 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic exam or equivalent, for all disciplines delivered predominantly in English
International6540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 436 USD per credit during 24 months.
National6540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 436 USD per credit during 24 months.
1600 Fee per Credit Hour (AED)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.