The necessity of maintaining the national development is placing increasing demands upon the government and private sectors to secure proper infrastructures, transportation networks, residential and industrial complexes. To help meet those demands, the program is designed to provide the community and industry with distinguished national manpower and highly qualified civil engineers for the sustainable development of the country.
The Civil Engineering program from United Arab Emirates University will train students intending to pursue their Ph.D. in Civil Engineering. Graduates of the program would provide the link between the advancements in Civil Engineering sciences and corresponding applications.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Describe highly specialized civil engineering principles, concepts, and methodologies.
- Evaluate the performance of advanced civil engineering systems and components through the use of applicable research principles, analytical methods or modeling techniques.
- Conduct advanced research to develop innovative solutions for highly complex civil engineering problems through the use of appropriately selected research methodologies and modern engineering tools.
- Apply advanced multidisciplinary problem-solving approaches to critically analyze contemporary, sophisticated, and highly complex civil engineering problems.
- Present and critique highly complex civil engineering issues and communicate effectively at a high level of proficiency.
- Lead professional activities and manage ethical issues in highly complex civil engineering projects.
- Implement the social, environmental, ethical, economic and commercial aspects to develop valid decisions affecting highly complex civil engineering projects.
- Design/Analysis of Experiments
- Environmental Impact Assessment Principles & Applications
- Experimental Methods in Civil Engineering
- Advanced Mechanics of Materials
- Structural Dynamics
- Prestressed Concrete Structures
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering View 10 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Arab Emirates
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, in all undergraduate work;
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research; and
- A score of at least 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic exam or equivalent, for all disciplines delivered predominantly in English.
International8720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 436 USD per credit during 18 months.
National8720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 436 USD per credit during 18 months.
1600 Fee per Credit Hour (AED)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.